Welcome to Green Self Care: I stand for sustainability, environmental and social responsibility, healthy Earth and healthy living. I support life-friendly planet and healthcare as a social RIGHT. I teach how to attain good health naturally and maintain good health with natural remedies. I develop health-friendly products. I provide wellness coaching in Los Angeles area.
I’m against economic discrimination. Since poverty prevents many from living healthy, I hold FREE classes – on eating healthy and reducing exposure to toxic chemicals at any budget – for low-income families in San Fernando Valley.
Why Green Self Care?
Green because the environment is going to hell in a hand basket. Mindless consumption sees no end. Natural resources are being depleted as we speak. We, the consumers are at the mercy of major industries that perpetuate environmental destruction and often compromise our health as well.
Self Care because if we don’t take care of ourselves and the environment (even at a small, personal scale), the outcome won’t be pretty for us as individuals or the environment that sustains us.
What is self care? EVERYTHING you do to that affects your health: what you drink and eat; what products you use and surround yourself with; your bad habits; your physical activity level; your relationships with others; the medical care you receive: meaning also preventative health screenings and vaccinations.
One Website can’t solve all problems and this one certainly won’t try. My goal – as a wellness coach – is to address only a fraction of a much larger problem. Green Self Care’s newsletter and blog feature information valuable to health-conscious consumers. Green ebooks available here will help you learn the how-tos of preventing and treating common ailments, naturally. Natural Deodorant, Natural Tooth Powder, Natural Lip Balm and other green products developed by Los Angeles wellness coach ensure that there are NO toxic chemicals in the hygiene, pampering and beauty products you use, frequently.
From the Green Self Care Blog:
November 16th, 2016
Many staple hygiene products we use every day contain substances known to be – or suspected of being – harmful. I believe that:
- no one should worry about fluoride poisoning while brushing their teeth which is why Green Self Care Natural Tooth Powder is fluoride- and other potentially hazardous chemicals-free.
- no one should worry about getting cancer while using a deodorant that’s why Green Self Care Natural Deodorant doesn’t contain aluminum salts or Parabens.
- no one should worry about propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol and propylene oxide (common ingredients in skin care which are listed – as known carcinogens! – on the FDA’s website) while moisturizing. Green Self Care Natural Moisturizers are 100% pure and natural!
- no one should worry about petroleum products in a lip balm! Green Self Care Natural Lip Balm is actually “good for you”!
These – of course! – are just a few examples. There are other categories of “self care” products health-conscious consumers have to be educated on today: what foods promote good health and which ones are “bad for you”; what nutritional supplements have actual benefits; and more.
- everyone should be aware of the healing powers of wholesome nutrition.
- everyone should know how to limit – if not eliminate entirely – the use of toxic chemicals at home.
- bottom line: knowledge is still power. (Example: do you know what belongs in YOUR Green First Aid Kit? Check out our green ebooks!)
ALL Natural, GREEN Self Care Products listed and / or recommended on Green Self Care Website have:
– 100% natural ingredients
– No fillers
– No additives
– No preservatives
Finally, products listed on Green Self Care Website are guaranteed 100% NATURAL and as described or your money back.
NOTE: I have always taken – and still take – pride in the environmentally-friendly packaging of Green Self Care products. Unfortunately, due to the current economic situation – and customers’ demand – Green Self Care has in some cases replaced its environmentally-friendly glass packaging with plastic to lower prices as well as the shipping costs. (Plastic is significantly lighter than glass.)
It’s a compromise, not the perfect solution and I hope that as the current economic situation improves, I’ll return to recyclable glass packaging.
“Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed; if we permit the last virgin forests to be turned into comic books and plastic cigarette cases; if we drive the few remaining members of the wild species into zoos or to extinction; if we pollute the last clear air and dirty the last clean streams and push our paved roads through the last of the silence, so that never again will Americans be free in their own country from the noise, the exhausts, the stinks of human and automotive waste.” (Wallace Stegner, letter to David E. Pesonen of the Wildland Research Center, 3 December 1960)
By going GREEN we can restore and renew ourselves AND the eco-system!